Friday, March 4, 2011

Ch-ch-ch-changes

Until now, this blog has been primarily personal, with the exception of a post or two, like this one. I've been toying with the idea of incorporating more of my professional life into this blog, in order to make it a better networking tool. Last week I ordered business cards with the website address printed on them, so there was no going back at that point.

You may notice the spiffy new tabs at the top of this page - Home, which takes you to the blog; About Me, which takes you to a short bio similar to the ones I send to conferences and other professional development activities; and Curriculum Vitae, which houses my extended resume, without references. I will likely add more of these tabs in the coming weeks to reflect my research interests and graduate-level work so far.

This seems like a timely endeavor, considering that I will soon be finished with classwork and embarking upon those two dreaded tasks of graduating MA students: the job search and the thesis. I also hope to continue writing about my wedding and my life on this blog as well. I envision, somewhere down the line, utilizing this as a forum to discuss my growing family and my experiences as a wife and mother, but all in due time. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm digging the new layout. It looks really good, and I like the colors a lot. I think you've got a nice mix of professionalism and personal..ism(?) on here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me forever to get the CV formatted correctly. You can still see the craziness in spots.

    ReplyDelete