Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review and Hopes for 2013

It's been a while since I've penned a post here, so I thought I would break the silence by posting one themed around reviewing 2012 and listing my hopes for the New Year.

Some Highlights of 2012:

1) Taking my final class, Essentials of Museum Management, and touring/ reviewing a good portion of Memphis's museums.

2) Starting work at Davies Manor Plantation, a beautiful historic house museum and farm.



3) Being hired as the museum assistant - my first professional job in my field - and getting to dress in period costume!




4) Adopting the world's cutest, sweetest, and furriest dog, and naming him Fred.




5) Finally graduating with my Masters Degree in History, concentration Public History, with a track in archival management, in May!



6) Teaching my first college classes.

7) Welcoming the world's most beautiful niece, Kaylee, and watching my brother struggle and succeed to be an amazing father.






8) Leaving Davies Manor Plantation with a small legacy, and with personal and professional relationships that, I hope, last a lifetime.



9) Cramming our entire life into one U-Haul truck and setting our sights on Nashville on the cold evening of the first of December:



I guess I really have been more productive this year than I knew! For 2013, I hope for more direction in my professional life and to be able to contribute more to our financial stability. I hope to settle down with my husband and create the strong fabric of our life together. I hope to mend and strengthen bonds with family members. I hope to learn how to take it easy on myself, to cut myself a break, and to love myself, even with my flaws and other people's perceptions of my flaws. I hope to be in a place, physically, emotionally, and financially, where we can seriously consider adding even more life into our home.

Did I forget anything? Did you share in some of these highlights with me? What were your personal highlights for 2012? What are your hopes for the New Year?

4 comments:

  1. Hehe, I love your pioneer-lady-on-the-range pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - In answer to your question, my personal highlight for 2012 was a certain wedding to a certain man of my dreams. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Marly! That was one of my highlights too! Your wedding was beautiful, and it really did end up being a perfect reflection of you and Jason. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hopes for the new year are to add new life to our home. Your niece is gorgeous! She has so much hair!

    ReplyDelete