Saturday, December 4, 2010

Holidays!

Today marked the official beginning of my holiday season!

Jordan and I met Mom, my aunt (dad's sister), and my grandmother at Woodlawn Cemetery to put out Christmas flowers for Dad's side of the family. After that, we drove to Calvary Cemetery (official cemetery of the Diocese of Nashville) to put out flowers for Nana's family.

Then Jordan and I set out to go shopping to finish buying gifts for a family we adopted from St. Luke's Community House. I believe they still have some families and seniors available for adoption, if anyone is interested. I definitely recommend it - St. Luke's does great things in West Nashville, and some of the families they sponsor lost their homes and possessions in the May flood.

We ended up at the Cool Stuff, Weird Things shop on Charlotte Avenue and I got a pair of vintage Christmas serving trays for $1.50 each. From there, it was to Target where we finished our shopping.

Tonight we went to Harpeth Hills where my Pawpaw is buried to see the graves all lit up. It's so peaceful, beautiful and quiet that it was hard for me to be afraid of the great unknown:


We finished up the night by wrapping the presents we bought today at Nana's and helping her wrap her presents for the family. It was a really great day. :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank your for sharing Mandi. The holidays help us to remember our loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a wonderful day with family

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Y'all are sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete