Thursday, December 30, 2010

Houston, We Have a Guest List

I am a huge planner when it comes to something I'm excited about. We are still ten or eleven months until the wedding (we haven't even set a date yet - we'd have to meet with the parish associate/ deacon and he's out of town this week), but I am planning everything I can. I think my fear is that, once I get into the semester, school work will have me bogged down and unable to plan.

We have our guest list.

We've already contacted (through my aunt) a sweet DJ who offered us a sweet deal.

We've been working out a budget.

We've been researching locations, cried at how expensive they are, etc. etc. Now we're trying to decide whether to use the parish hall or go with an outdoors, more expensive by at least $900, but probably way more once you factor in the cost of a tent, venue. The parish hall has two really beautiful patios, but I'm not sure how you'd incorporate them. The smaller one is off of the reception hall, but the larger one is at the back of the parish life center, on the bottom floor, and overlooking the blacktop.

I've also taken my ring to be resized! I am anxiously awaiting its return - we dropped it off on Monday and the jeweler said it could be a whole week until we get it back. In the meantime, I've been wearing an imitation sapphire costume ring of my Mom's, just because wearing a ring makes me feel like an engaged woman. My brothers think I'm being ridiculous. "Shouldn't being engaged to Jordan make you feel like an engaged woman?" I can't explain it, either to them or myself, but seeing a ring on that special finger gives me the warm-and-fuzzies. :)

We're also thinking about doing paper flowers for the bouquet - Jordan made me a gorgeous bouquet of paper roses for Valentine's Day last year and I've kept them, so paper bouquets and boutonnieres would mean something to us and they'd help lend that cutesy, folksy feel I'm hoping for. I'm brimming over with ideas! Now that I've gotten over my oh-god-this-is-going-to-be-so-hard-oh-god phase, I'm really excited. :)

I know the wedding is still nearly a year away, but it's never too early to plan, right? Right?

We've also been playing Cass's Wii yesterday and today. I love this thing.

3 comments:

  1. when you really start thinking about the time...a year is on the short side of planning a wedding...not just finding all the things you want but to pay for them..some weddings are a 2 yr process...and remember the more bridal fairs you go to the more free things you can get. Jennifer's invitations were free thanks to a fair! They may not be the one's you have dreamed about but FREE is GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree, Debi! I'm still hoping to win my photography package through a bridal fair! Marie is super excited about going to bridal fairs and looking for deals again... :)

    Mom keeps telling me just to chill and that I don't have to plan everything right now, but that just isn't my nature at the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're also looking at Vistaprint for save-the-dates and invites (you can get postcards for free, upload your own design), and a friend of the family runs her own printing business, so I might be able to get those for a steal. We'll have to see!

    ReplyDelete